Spring 2017 Semester Student-Athlete Academic Summary
The information listed below is based on 18 intercollegiate athletic teams. 437 student-athletes represented Shippensburg University during the Spring 2017 semester. Shippensburg University student-athletes continue to outpace the general student body in terms of QPA. The average semester QPA (3.032) was the highest on record and the average Cumulative QPA (3.023) was also the highest on record.
- The semester QPA for all student-athletes was a 3.032 (all-time high) (versus 2.897 for the general student body)
- The semester QPA for women's athletics was a 3.219.
- The semester QPA for men's athletics was a 2.851.
- Tennis compiled the highest semester QPA by achieving a 3.531. Eleven additional teams earned a semester QPA of 3.0 or higher: Women's Soccer (3.363), Field Hockey (3.347), Lacrosse (3.340), Women's Swimming (3.281), Baseball (3.138), Women's Cross Country (3.131), Women's Basketball (3.094), Women's Track and Field (3.079), Men's Swimming (3.053), Softball (3.048), and Volleyball (3.047).
- Six percent (28) of all student-athletes earned a 4.0 semester QPA with five student-athletes having a cumulative QPA of 4.0.
- Thirty percent (132) of all student-athletes earned Dean's List in Spring 2017. This means they achieved a semester QPA of 3.50 or higher.
- Fifty-eight percent (252) of all student-athletes earned a 3.0 semester QPA or higher (all-time high).