Academic Year Support Program
The Academic Success Program is designed to provide learning and special counseling services to facilitate success in meeting higher education goals.
The Academic Year Support Program is designed to further develop the overall preparedness of ASP students. Professional counselors closely monitor assigned students to ensure they are on track and focused on academic and personal success. Counselors emphasize helping students build on the base of knowledge established during the summer program.
In return for the services provided by ASP, students agree to:
- Adhere to the attendance policies for all classes.
- Attend two or more ASP counseling sessions per semester.
- Attend sessions with the Learning Center as recommended.
- Follow through on recommendations and referrals by ASP faculty and staff.
- Accept intervention on behalf of faculty and staff should the student's behavior warrant it.
- Reach out anytime they need help to faculty, counselor staff, or others.
- Strive to perform their best academically by, including attending classes, completing assignments, meeting with professors, and using good time management.
- Comply with expectations and policies outlined in each course syllabi.
- Adhere to the policies as outlined in the student Swataney.
Services Provided by ASP
The Academic Success Program offers a number of services to new and returning students during both the summer and academic year. To learn more about the services listed below - click here.
First Year Experience Course
Peer Leader Program
Study Hall/Study Groups
Aug 31 Drop and add period ends for full term
Sept 7 University CLOSED (Labor Day)
Oct 9 Fall break Begins
Oct 9 Early Warning Grades
Oct 26 Undergraduate Scheduling for winter/spring begins
Nov 2 Last day to withdraw from a course for full time
Nov 25 Thanksgiving break begins
Nov 30-Dec 11 Schedule clean-up or spring
Dec 4 Day and evening classes end
Dec 7-11 Final exams
Dec 11 Graduate commencement
Dec 12 Undergraduate commencement
Download a Program Brochure