ASP Early Start Program
All Early Start students must attend Summer Orientation.
The ASP Early Start Program provides an extended orientation to the roles and expectations of a Shippensburg student. The 2014 ESP Program is tentatively scheduled for Sunday, August 17, 2014 through Wednesday, August 20, 2014.
The Early Start Program is a mandatory program that orients students to Shippensburg University. Students enrolled in the program must participate in a variety of activities and information sessions to successfully complete the program.
Students selected to participate in this program can expect to receive the following benefits:
- An extended orientation and early start to college life.
- A connection to the ASP faculty and staff.
- Guidance in utilizing the electronic resources required by the university, such as: e-mail, D2L, and the Banner System.
- An introduction to the general education curriculum and help seeking information about an intended major.
- Awareness of the university's academic policies and procedures.
- Increase student's awareness of institutional resources, such as the Learning Center, Office of Undeclared Students, Counseling Center, Campus Police, Multicultural Student Affairs (MSA), and the Office of Disability Services (ODS), among others.
- An understanding of the ASP resources available throughout their college career.
Services Provided by ASP
The Academic Success Program offers a number of services to new and returning students during both the summer and academic year. To learn more about the services listed below - click here.
Chi Alpha Epsilon (XAE) Honor Society
First Year Experience Course (ASP101)
Peer Leader Program
Study Hall/Study Groups
Financial Aid Counseling
Tutoring Referrals to our campus Learning Center