Summer Bridge Program
All Summer Bridge students must attend Summer Orientation.
The Summer Bridge Program provides an extended orientation to the roles and expectations of a Shippensburg student.
The Summer Bridge Program is a five-week mandatory program beginning Sunday July 6th and running through Summer Term 5 (July 7th - August 7th). The focus of the Summer Bridge Program is to provide an extended orientation to the roles and expectations of Shippensburg University students. Students must participate in a variety of activities such as placement testing and information sessions, as well as complete various educational inventories.
All students will enroll into two college courses which will count for graduation credits, GPA, etc., which they must earn at least a "C" grade or better in each class.
Students selected to participate in this program can expect to receive the following benefits:
- An extended orientation to college life.
- A connection to the ASP faculty and staff.
- Guidance in utilizing the electronic resources required by the university, such as: e-mail, D2L, and the Banner System.
- An introduction to the general education curriculum and the journey to major selection.
- Awareness of the university's academic policies and procedures.
- Increase student's awareness of institutional resources.
- An understanding of the ASP resources available throughout their college career.
Services Provided by ASP
The Academic Success Program offers a number of services to new and returning students during both the summer and academic year. To learn more about the services listed below - click here.
ASP Honors Society
First Year Experience Course
Peer Leader Program
Study Hall/Study Groups
Financial Aid Counseling