Dauphin Humanities Center
Dauphin is home to the College of Arts and Sciences. A four-level building, it contains classrooms, lecture halls, a student common space and faculty and departmental offices. Occupied in 1971, the building houses the departments of Economics, English, History/Philosophy, and Human Communication Studies. Dauphin Humanities Center is located on the west side of the academic quad. It is connected to the Mathematics/Computing Technology Center.
Franklin Science Center
Franklin Science Center houses the departments of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Psychology. Built in 1971 and renovated in 2002, it contains classrooms, large lecture rooms, and research and teaching laboratories. Special facilities include the Dibert-Roddick Planetarium, the Vertebrate Museum, a greenhouse, an animal care facility, and a herbarium. Franklin Science Center is located at the corner of Franklin Drive and Cumberland Drive, with entrances on each on those roads as well as from the academic quad.
Gilbert houses classrooms and as well as the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs. It was built in 1912 as an elementary training school.
Horton is home to the School of Academic Programs and Services, the Office of Professional, Continuing and Distance Education; the Women's Center; the Ethnic Studies and Women's and Gender Studies programs, and the Office for Exploratory Students. Facilities include classrooms and a computer lab. Completed in 1895, the building was originally a "ladies" dormitory.
Huber Arts Center
Home of the Department of Art & Design, Huber has over 180,000 square feet of
studios, a lecture classroom, two art galleries, critique and multipurpose
rooms, and spaces for photographing art work and assembling professional
presentations. Studios include professional facilities in Art Education,
Ceramics, Digital Art, Drawing, Graphic Design, Painting, Printmaking, and
Sculpture. Constructed in 1931, the building was the home of the
library for 37 years. It was completely
renovated and expanded in 2011.
John L. Grove Hall
Grove Hall, opened in 1997, is the home of the John L. Grove College of Business and the departments of Political Science and Sociology/Anthropology. The facility includes regular classrooms, computer labs, classrooms equipped with electronic and computer technology, and a 140-seat forum for larger programs. Media Services, the TV studio, and distance education room are located on the lower level.
H. Ric Luhrs Performing Arts Center
Luhrs Center is home to the Department of Music and Theatre Arts. The 1500-seat
Grove Theater hosts a wide range of
cultural programming including full-scale Broadway companies, musical groups,
symphonies, dance troupes and internationally known speakers.
Mathematics & Computing Technology Center
The MCT opened in 1996 and houses the Information and Computing Technologies Center and the departments of Mathematics and Computer Science/Engineering. Facilities include classrooms, computer labs, and offices.
Completed in 1951, Memorial Auditorium has a large proscenium stage and seating for 800. Other facilities include a scene shop, a rehearsal hall and classroom, and music studios. The Music Department office is also housed here.
Rowland was built in 1939 as the campus lab school. Renovated in 2006, it now
houses the departments of Communication/Journalism and Modern Languages.
Formerly the science building, Shearer is now the home to the Department of Geography/Earth Science. Facilities include classrooms, labs, and department offices.
Shippen is home to the College of Education and Human Services. The building contains classrooms and a large lecture room. First opened in 1963, Shippen was renovated in 2000 and adjoins the Grace B. Luhrs University Elementary School. Shippen Hall is located on Franklin Drive, with entrances on Franklin and from a parking lot that separates it from Memorial Auditorium.
Currently housing classrooms, Stewart was built in 1893 and was used for many years as a gymnasium. It was renovated in 1949 as a student activity center with game rooms and a dance floor. In 1973it was converted for class use.
Wright Hall was completed in 1960. It houses the Disability Studies program, ROTC, and Academic Success Program.