The Master of Science in Criminal Justice degree program at Shippensburg University is a good fit if you are contemplating a career in the criminal justice field, as well as further graduate study. The program also serves working professionals who wish to enhance their understanding of theory and conduct research related to their organizations.
The program's major strengths are its applied perspective and strong emphasis on theory, policy, research, and analysis. Philosophy, format, and implementation stress the practical application of a higher level of knowledge, skills, and strategies. The methodological and theory components are highly suitable as a preparation for entering advanced graduate studies and other professional programs.
You will study the criminal justice system with faculty who:
- Hold the highest scholarly qualifications
- Have experience in the field as practitioners
- Serve as expert witnesses and consultants to criminal justice agencies
- Conduct research
- Publish articles and books
- Present scholarly papers at local, regional and national conferences