Master of Business Administration
The John L. Grove College of Business
Master in Business Administration degree program offers high quality and outstanding value. Our AACSB-accredited MBA program is designed to help you to succeed in a rapidly changing global economy. Our graduate students find the Ship MBA reputable, affordable, and convenient. Our
faculty are committed to teaching and helping you understand the business world and find your place in it.
Ship delivers its MBA degree program in three convenient formats:
Ship MBA-Professional : A part-time, evening hybrid format designed for working professionals and offered at multiple sites including Harrisburg, Shippensburg, York and East Stroudsburg.
Ship MBA-Full Time : The same MBA-Professional program can be taken in a full-time format.
Ship MBA-Online : A convenient, 100 percent online format that can be completed in two years.
MBA Admission Requirements
To be eligible for admission to the MBA Program applicants must:
- Have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Present a current resume
- Submit 500-word
statement of purpose for pursuing an MBA, your future goals, and why you chose Shippensburg University
- Complete and submit the
MBA Track selection web-form
- Score 450 or higher on the
GMAT (or have five years of mid-level experience, including management experience)
- GMAT may be waived for Beta Gamma Sigma members. Verification is required. Send scanned documentation to
- Qualifying GRE scores may be accepted by the department on a case-by-case basis.
GMAT Prep information
Your Resume and goal statement can be sent via email as a PDF or Word Document to
Applicants will be evaluated on the following:
- Course content
- Work experience
- Job level
- Leadership ability
- Team skills
- Suitability of goals
- Degree from an AACSB-accredited college.
Applicants who have completed coursework in accounting, economics, finance, organizational behavior, marketing, and operations management may begin taking MBA core courses immediately. Appropriate prerequisite courses are required of all other applicants before proceeding to core courses.
MBA Degree Requirements
Ship’s 30-credit MBA consists of 8 required core courses (3 credits each) and 2 elective courses (3 credits each). The requirements are the same in each of the three delivery formats. The required courses are:
- MBA 502 Managerial Accounting
- MBA 529 Global Managerial Finance
- MBA 552 Entrepreneurship
- MBA 554 International Business
- MBA 556 Organizational Leadership
- MBA 565 Information Management and Analysis for Decision Making
- MBA 577 Supply Chain Management
- MBA 593 Strategic Management
Supply Chain Management Concentration
In this 36-credit option, students take the 8 core courses and then take 4 supply chain specific courses Select 4 courses from the following:
- SCM 510 Introduction to Logistics and Transportation Management
- SCM 515 Procurement Management
- SCM 555 Supply Chain Quality Management
- SCM 570 Supply Chain Management Theory and Practice
- SCM 590 Warehousing and Distribution Management
This concentration is delivered in a 100 percent online format and is available to all MBA students regardless of location or track selection.
Management Information Systems Concentration
In this 36-credit option, students take the 8 core courses and then take the following 4 management information systems specific courses:
- ISS 515 Project Management
- ISS 550 Database Design
- ISS 570 Information Analysis
- MBA 547 Management Information Systems & Applications
This concentration is delivered in hybrid format in
Harrisburg and Shippensburg. It is not available online.