Ship offers state-of-the-art facilities, reputation, and value. Our writing and desktop design computer labs, tablet lab, and radio and television studios are digitally outfitted with professional, industry-standard equipment. You will have access to these facilities right away by participating in our student media organizations and courses. Our faculty have advanced degrees, many with doctorates, and extensive experience in their fields.
Undergraduate communication/journalism students have access to the latest industry hardware and software, including:
- Adobe Creative Suite with Dreamweaver and InDesign
- Apple Studio and Final Cut Pro HD
- Microsoft Office
- DVD Studio Pro
Audio Suites: Rowland Hall is equipped with computer editing stations utilizing Adobe Audition and Apple Logic software. One suite, funded by the Pennsylvania Association of Broadcasters, is a fully functioning MIDI recording studio outfitted with M-Audio ProTools recording software and gear, as well as electronic keyboard and drums.
Photography Labs: Equipped for digital and black-and-white processing and printing, your will have access to digital cameras, enlargers, and assorted film processing equipment.
- TV Studio: Grove Hall has a full-functioning TV production center equipped with:
- Three Hitachi digital studio cameras with teleprompters
- A Grass Valley Kayak digital production switcher
- Final Cut Pro HD non-linear editing systems
- Panasonic A/B Roll editing stations
- DV and HD Panasonic ENG camcorders
- CNN Newsource
The TV production center also has a mobile TV production van equipped with four Sony VX1000 MiniDV cameras and Panasonic instant replay tape decks to produce live and live-on-tape events and sports contests for broadcast on Comcast Cable and on-campus TV.