You must complete a Graduate Application for International Admissions online.
A $45.00 non-refundable application fee is due at the time of submission.
If English is not your native or official language, send your official results of English proficiency directly from a testing agency that administers the TOEFL or IELTS.
We recommend a TOEFL score of at least 66 for undergraduate students and 68 for graduate students for the iBT. If a PBT test is taken a minimum of 550 is required.
Our test code for the TOEFL is 2657.
We require an IELTS score of at least 6.0, although some of our programs differ please see list below.
- MS in Biology program requires a 6.5 on the IELTS or an 80 on the TOEFL.
- MS in Computer Science requires a 6 or higher IELTS overall score or 70 TOEFL.
- MS in Communication Studies requires a 6.0 in the writing section and a overall score of a 6.0 on IELTS.
- MEd in Special Education requires a 6.0 IELTS or higher overall. A 5.5 or higher score would be considered for MEd in Special Education, only if Reading and Writing scores are 6 or higher.
You also need to submit official course-by-course (CxC) evaluated transcripts directly from World Education Services ( www.wes.org), ECE ( www.ece.org), or ICD ( www.icdeval.com).
- If you choose to use another organization, they must be a NACES (http://www.naces.org/) recognized institution showing a CxC evaluation of the U.S. equivalent of a four-year baccalaureate degree and include your complete academic transcript. The cost of this evaluation is the responsibility of the student and is not part of the application fee.
In addition, you must scan a photo of your passport or picture ID (and your I-20, if you have one) and send it via e-mail to GradAdmiss@ship.edu.
You also need to send the following financial documentation to GradAdmiss@ship.edu:
- 2016-2017 Statement of Financial Support for every sponsor. This form is completed by whoever is financially supporting you.
- Current, certified bank statements from your sponsors should show the required minimum amount in U.S. dollars as shown in the form above.
- Income verification should show your sponsor's place of employment, length of employment, and salary. If your sponsor is self-employed, a letter explaining his or her business and income level is required. If you are self-supporting, this should be indicated on the Statement of Financial Support.
- Scholarship information, if any. If you have full funding including all living expenses and insurance, this may exempt you from submitting the above forms.
- Other forms of Acceptable Documents.
Your graduate program may require you to e-mail attached files like your resume, statement of interest, essay, or questionnaire to GradAdmiss@ship.edu. These supplemental attachments can only be formatted as PDFs or Word documents. Be sure to submit them prior to the application deadline. Please note your file is not complete until we receive all supplemental documents.