There are may reasons Shippensburg University may be the right place for you. Here are just a few of them:
- More than 7,000 undergraduate student and 1,00 graduate students
- Most entering students present SAT or ACT scores above the national average
- Students are leaders outside the classroom as well. Sports clubs, Academic clubs, Fraternities and sororities, Music groups; whatever your interest, there is a group for you.
- In recent years, Shippensburg has won 15 Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference championships and seen numerous athletes earn Academic All-America honors.
- Our faculty is a teaching faculty. Not one of our classes is taught by a graduate assistant.
- Nearly 90 percent of Shippensburg professors have earned the doctorate or highest degree in their field.
- Our student/faculty ratio is 20:1 which allows for a personalized education.
- A beautiful 200-acre campus located in South Central Pennsylvania
- 40 miles southwest of Harrisburg, 80 miles northeast of Washington D.C., 70 miles northeast of Baltimore, MD, 125 miles southwest of Philadelphia, PA..
- We make your safety a top priority.
- We are committed to high quality facilities --
- A new student recreation center was completed in March 2008.
- Our just-completed master facilities plan includes major additions to Lehman Library, the Ceddia Union Building, and Huber Art Center.
- Plans also call for construction of all new residence halls that will provide new suite-type accommodations as well as the opportunity for living-learning centers in each hall.
- Dreams begin at Shippensburg University. Just ask our alumni. From a best-selling novelist to hospital administrators to innovative educators to cutting-edge researchers, our alumni are leaders - both professionally and personally.
- Many get involved in students' futures - volunteering their time and expertise as informal career counselors, mentors, internship and job
sources, and role models.
A Ship Education
- The lab door is open. Our undergraduate students can become involved in research with faculty, an opportunity many colleges and universities reserve for graduate students
- Theory into practice. Students receive a liberal arts education with a strong emphasis on practice as well as theory.
- Internships are an important part of many programs
- Forget the second mortgage. Shippensburg University is affordable and has increasing opportunities for financial aid from private sources as well as from government grant and loan programs.