Shippensburg University Open House Programs
Attending an Open House is a great way for prospective high school and transfer students to find out what Shippensburg University has to offer. You'll have the opportunity to talk with current students, faculty members, academic Deans, Alumni, and you can even attend an academic session. Using one of the links below, register to attend one of our upcoming open houses.
Upcoming Open House Dates
Sample Open House Schedule
- 8:30 - 9:20 am: Academics and Student Activities Fair
Please check-in upon arriving at the ShipRec Student Recreation Center. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast. This will be a "college fair" set up where you will find representatives from each academic major,as well as from our clubs and organizations, athletics and academic support services. All are available to answer questions and help you finalize your decision to attend SHIP!
- 9:35 - 10:00 am: Welcome and Introductions
Meet some familiar faces who have been frequenting your high schools and various recruitment events in your area. You will also receive a very special welcome from Shippensburg University's Interim President Dr. Barbara Lyman.
- 10:15 - 11:00 am: Meet with the Academic Dean (Various Locations on Campus)
Break-out sessions with the deans from the College of Arts & Sciences, John L. Grove College of Business, College of Education & Human Services, and the School of Academic Programs and Services.
- 11:10- 11:50 am: Parents and Students will now attend separate sessions, see below.
- Prospective Students: Meet with Faculty and Current Students (Various Locations). Hear from department faculty members who will be teaching your classes. As they share with you why they love teaching at Ship, you will also have the opportunity to hear from several individuals who have "been there, done that," current students in your major. This is a great chance to find out why so many students have chosen Shippensburg University.
- Parents: Meet with representatives from Financial Aid, Housing and Admissions (CUB MPR). Learn about paying for college, housing options and the admissions process.
- 12:00 - 1:45 pm: Lunch (Reisner Dining Hall) and Tours of Residence Halls, Campus (Bus or Walking): Take a break and eat lunch at Reisner Dining Hall (family can purchase meal tickets at check in or pay at the door). Campus walking and bus tours will be leaving from the Ceddia Union Building (CUB). Please note, each tour takes approximately 20 minutes and Residence Hall tours are only available on a walking tour.