Withdrawal From a Course

To withdraw from a course or from the university, you must notify your academic dean's office. If you have not declared a major, go to the Office of Undeclared students in 112 Horton Hall. You may withdraw from a course during the first week of the semester with no penalty. After the first week of classes, you may withdraw from a course and receive a grade of "W" if you submit your request before the deadline to withdraw. (Be sure to verify deadline.)

If you stop attending class but do not withdraw, you will remain registered and will receive a grade of "F" for the course. You will not receive refunds or adjustments to your account if you do not officially notify the University of your withdrawal. It is important to notify your dean's office in a timely way.

Before you take the action to withdraw from a course you should discuss it with your academic advisor to determine how it may impact your status as a full-time student, satisfactory academic progress for financial aid or NCAA purposes, and other key considerations

Refund Schedule

The refund policy is mandated by the Board of Governors of the State System of Higher Education. That policy is available through the Student Accounts web page here.

Note: In some cases a student may owe a balance to the University after Title IV aid is returned.

Information concerning the detailed application of the refund policy can be obtained by contacting the Student Accounts Office at 477-1211.

Refund polices are subject to change by the State System of Higher Education.