Article I : Name
This organization shall be called :
Shippensburg University Student Alumni Ambassadors
Article II : Purpose
The purpose of the Shippensburg University Student Alumni Ambassadors is to serve the University and its students of the past, present and future.
Article III : Membership
Section I: Selection Process
- All Shippensburg University students may apply for membership and will not be restricted on the basis of age, sex, race, religion or national origin.
- New members shall be solicited during the spring semester of each academic year. To be eligible for membership students must complete an application, must have a minimum of a 2.5 grade point average, and have attended Shippensburg University for at least one full semester prior to applying.
- Each application will be reviewed by a selection committee. The selection committee shall consist of the Assistant Director of Alumni Affairs, the graduate assistant to the Student Alumni Ambassadors, and at least two student members from the executive council.
- Interviews will be granted for each prospective Ambassador whose application has been approved by the selection committee.
- New Student Alumni Ambassadors shall be notified by mail as to whether they have been selected to the Shippensburg University Student Alumni Ambassadors.
Section II: Responsibilities of Membership
- Attendance of monthly meetings. Meetings will be held the second Wednesday of each month at 9:30 p.m. Attendance at these meetings is mandatory unless excused by Advisor or Graduate Advisor to the Student Alumni Ambassadors prior to the meeting date.
- Each ambassador is required to work at least 7 events per semester depending upon availability.
- Student Alumni Ambassadors must be currently enrolled at Shippensburg University and must be in good standing with the University.
Section III: Terms of Membership
- Membership shall continue until graduation.
- A temporary leave of absence shall be granted by the executive council and approved by the Assistant Director of Alumni Affairs for a term of one semester for special circumstances.
Section IV: Removal of Members
Members may be removed for the following reasons:
- The member chooses to resign the position of Shippensburg University Student Alumni Ambassador.
- Any one receiving less than a 2.5 QPA in a semester will be on probation for the following semester. The probation will consist of non-participation in special events.
- Anyone falling below a 2.5 QPA for 2 consecutive semesters will be released unless a significant effort is demonstrated through improved semester GPA(2.5 or above).
- The member fails to fulfill the above stated responsibilities.
- The member brings discredit to himself and/or to the Student Alumni Ambassadors.
- Final decision for the removal of a member is vested in the Executive Director for University Relations.
Article IV : Officers
Section I: The Executive Council
The Executive Council shall consist of:
Section II: Election of Officers
- Officers shall be elected during the spring semester of each academic year.
- Officer candidates shall be nominated by the general membership at the meeting specially set for the election of officers.
- The nominated candidates must verbally accept or decline their nomination.
- A simple majority vote of the general membership shall determine the elected officers.
Section III: Responsibilities of Executive Council Members
- To serve as a liaison between general membership, the Assistant Director of University Relations, and the Graduate Assistant.
- To work with the graduate assistant to the Student Alumni Ambassadors in scheduling and coordinating activities for the Student Alumni Ambassadors.
- To preside over meetings of the executive council.
- To assist the president in his/her duties and to fulfill such duties in his/her absence.
- Shall maintain records of general membership and executive council meetings.
- Shall be responsible for correspondence between the executive council and the general membership.
- Shall be responsible for correspondence between the Student Alumni Ambassadors and the University and with SAA/SF members.
- Shall be responsible for the collection and maintenance of all relevant data reflecting the history of the Shippensburg University Student Alumni Ambassadors.
- Responsible for taking pictures during various events and maintaining a scrapbook of the Student Alumni Ambassadors organization.
Activities Planning Coordinator:
- Shall be responsible for coordinating social activities of the group.
Section IV: Term of the Office
- Office tenure shall be from the day following commencement of the spring semester through the day of commencement of the following spring semester.
- If the position of the President becomes vacant, it shall be filled by the current Vice President and a new Vice President shall be nominated and elected by the group membership.
- If the position of any office other than the President becomes vacant, the general membership shall nominate and elect a member to fill that office.
Section V: Dismissal from Office
An officer may be dismissed from office by a 3/4 vote of the general membership for any one of the following reasons:
- Failure to fulfill the stated duties of their office.
- The officer brings discredit to himself and/or to the Shippensburg University Student Alumni Ambassadors.
Article V: Meetings
- The Assistant Director for University Relations and/or his/her graduate assistant shall coordinate and preside over all meetings of the executive council.
- The President shall preside over all meetings of the general membership. In his or her absence the Vice President shall preside over the general membership meetings.
Article VI: Amendments
- Amendments to this constitution may be suggested by any member, the graduate assistant to the Student Alumni Ambassadors, or the Assistant Director for University Relations.
- The proposed amendment must be approved by a 2/3 majority vote of the general membership for the adoption in the constitution.
Article VII : Ratification
This constitution shall become effective upon approval by the membership, the Executive Director for University Relations and the President of the University.