Jobs & Internships: Ecology and Environmental Biology
Below you will find links to various web sites that list job and internship opportunities. It includes links to Pennsylvania state agencies, federal agencies, scientific societies,non-profit organizations, and university career sites. Some of these sites also list graduate education opportunities.
- Shippensburg University's
Career and Community Engagement Center can help you with application processes,interviewing skills, resume writing, grad school information, and much more.
- Internships may also be called summer employment or student positions.
- Many internships are volunteer positions; the pay is in the skills that you develop.
- There are also several links to grad school information and advice.
Other University Search Pages
Opportunities for Undergraduates (REU)
- The National Science Foundation funds a large number of summer research opportunities for undergraduate students through its Research Opportunity for Undergraduates (REU) program. The REU program provides a unique experience for a student to become involved in a
scientific research project.
- Students apply directly to REU sites around the country (there are also some international sites). Students are granted stipends and, in many cases, assistance with housing and travel.
- For a list of REU sites, visit the
NSF REU website.
Societies, Associations, and Other Resources (in no particular order)
- If you don’t mind sorting through numerous e-mails, you can subscribe to the Ecological Society of America’s listserv. You will receive a steady stream of e-mails, including job, internships, and graduate assistantship opportunities.
https://listserv.umd.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=ecolog-l&D=0&H=0&O=T&T=1 for information and to subscribe.