Business Administration - MBA
The John L. Grove College of Business Master in Business Administration degree program offers high quality and outstanding value. Our AACSB-accredited MBA program is designed to help you to succeed in a rapidly changing global economy. Our graduate students find the Ship MBA reputable, affordable, and convenient.
Ship delivers its MBA degree program in two convenient formats in addition to MBA full-time (taking evening and/or online
- Ship MBA-Professional: A part-time, evening hybrid format designed for working professionals and offered at multiple sites including Harrisburg and Shippensburg.
- Ship MBA-Online: A convenient, 100 percent online format that can be completed in two years.
Ship's 30-credit MBA consists of 8 required core courses (3 credits
each) and 2 elective courses (3 credits each). The requirements are the
same in each of the three delivery formats. You may choose 7 of the
following 8 core courses:
- MBA502 Managerial Accounting
- MBA529 Corporate Financial Management
- MBA548 IT Management and Innovation
- MBA554 International Business
- MBA556 Organizational Leadership
- MBA565 Contemporary Decision Making
- MBA570 Marketing Management
- MBA577 Supply Chain Management
This is a capstone course. You must have completed four core courses
(12 credits). It is highly recommended that you have taken MBA 502 and
- MBA593 Strategic Management
Management Information Systems Concentration
In this 36-credit option, students take the eight MBA core courses and then take the following four management information systems specific courses.
ISS 515 Information Systems Project Management
ISS 550 Database Design
ISS 570 Information Analysis
MBA 547 Management Information Systems & Applications
This concentration is delivered in hybrid format in Harrisburg and Shippensburg. It is not available online.
Undergraduate course work and degree, relevant work experience, and goals statement will be evaluated and form the basis for admission. To be eligible for admission to the MBA Program applicants must:
- Have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Present a current résumé.
- Submit a goals statement. This should be 500 words or less indicating your reasons for pursuing an MBA, your future goals, and why you chose Shippensburg's MBA program.
- Complete and submit the MBA Track selection web-form
- Take the GMAT and achieve a score of 450 or higher if applicant has less than five years of mid-level experience, including management experience, or for whom additional evaluation is needed.
GMAT may be waived for Beta Gamma Sigma members. Verification is required; send scanned documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GMAT Prep information - http://www.ship.edu/Business/MBA/MBA_Professional/GMAT_Prep_Information/.
Applicants will be evaluated on grade point average, course content, work experience, job level, leadership ability, team skills, suitability of goals, and whether they graduated from an AACSB-accredited college.
Applicants who have completed coursework in accounting, economics, finance, organizational behavior, marketing, and operations management may begin taking MBA core courses immediately. Applicants lacking coursework in one or more of these areas will need to take appropriate prerequisite MBA foundations courses before proceeding to core courses.
MBA Director/MBA Secretary
College of Business, Grove Hall 324, 1871 Old Main Drive, Shippensburg, PA 17257
Office of Professional, Continuing, and Distance Education (PCDE)
Horton Hall 111, 1871 Old Main Drive, Shippensburg, PA, 17257
(717) 477-1502 Fax: (717) 477-4050