Teacher Certification Criminal Background Check Information
A guide for Shippensburg University Teacher Certification candidates - Background Check Guide
Required Clearances for All Field Experiences
Currently valid copies of the following 6 items must be on file in the appropriate office each semester before any student enters any public school representing Shippensburg University.
1. TB Results (PPD Mantoux test now required)
– valid for two years from date of test. Must be valid through last day of the field experience/student teaching semester. Available through Etters Health Center. See schedule athttp://www.ship.edu/COEHS/Field_Services/Clearance_Information/
2. Act 34 Criminal History Check
– Act 34 is valid for one year from date on clearance. Must be valid through last day of the field experience/student teaching semester. (Register at https://epatch.state.pa.us
3. Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance
– Act 151 is valid for one year from date on clearance. Must be valid through last day of the field experience/student teaching semester. (Form available at http://www.aiu3.net/Level3.aspx?id=4230
4. Act 114 FBI Clearance
– Act 114 is valid as long as a student is continuously enrolled as a student at Shippensburg University. (Register at http://www.aiu3.net/Level3.aspx?id=4230
5. Professional Liability Insurance
– Must be valid through last day of the field experience/student teaching semester. Student membership in PSEA (http://www.PSEA.org
) or KEYTA (http://keyta.org
) provides this insurance but membership is not mandatory. Insurance is mandatory.
6. Act 24 Arrest/Conviction Report
- must be signed each year. (Form available in SPH 354 or at Arrest and Conviction Report Form
ATTENTION: Student Teachers – TB test
Etter Health Center will again be offering TB testing monthly for the upcoming fall semester 2013-2014. All of the clinics will be on the first Tuesday of each month. The clinics will run from 3:30pm-7:30pm. The students must return on the following Thursday, after 3:30pm to have the tests read.
Students should comply with these dates and times, as we will be using extra staffing and supplies to provide the testing.
Students will be required to pay a $15.00 fee if they come for the test on days other than clinic days.
Health Center TB Clinic Times Have Expanded!
Etter Health Center will now be expanding the number of days and times that students may receive TB Testing. We will now offer testing on the following dates and times listed below.
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2013
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2013
TUESDAY, JANUARY 21, 2014
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2014
TUESDAY, MARCH 4, 2014
TUESDAY, APRIL 1, 2014
TUESDAY, APRIL29, 2014
Location: On Adams Drive at the Wellness
Center (McLean Hall II, Ground Level Floor)