Student Undergraduate Graduation Check

Would you like to know if you are making sufficient progress towards earning your degree? Simply follow the instructions below to complete your own graduation check sheet.

  1. Login to Self-Service Banner (SSB), , go to “Student,” “Student Records,” “Academic Transcript,” and access the unofficial transcript.

  2. Compare the courses that you have successfully completed with the student program planning sheets found on the College of Education and Human Services website under the “Student Resources” tab and your major  

  3. Check off all courses you have taken at Shippensburg, for which you have received a D or better (unless your program or specific courses require a C).  In addition, if you are transferring courses, be sure that each course is approved by your Advisor and the Registrar to be sure it meets the requirements of your program and confirm that it will be approved by Shippensburg University.  Also, be sure you have completed the Transcript Request form at the institution in which you took the course in order for Shippensburg University to receive confirmation of course completion.

  4. If you have any questions about the General Education (Categories of Knowledge) Requirements, see the University catalog, .

  5. DO NOT count Developmental Courses (Reading – RDG050, Math – MAT050, and English – ENG050) or courses you have repeated in your total credit count. (In repeated courses, the most recent attempt is the one that counts, regardless of the grade.) You will need a minimum of 120 credits, but Developmental Courses do not count in that total.

  6. You will need to maintain a certain overall QPA in your major.

    • Teacher Certification/Teacher Education/Secondary Education: 3.0 QPA

    • Exercise Science: 2.75 QPA

    • Social Work: 2.5 QPA*

    • Criminal Justice: 2.0 QPA

In order to calculate your QPA, see the following online calculator, or something similar:

*Credit hours for all transfer students:

0 - 30 = 2.2
31 - 59 = 2.4
60+ = 2.5

Questions? Please contact your advisor. If you are unsure as to whom your current advisor is, please log on to Self-Service Banner,, go to “Student,” “Student Records,” “View Student Information.” If you and your advisor have a specific question about your particular situation and the two of you cannot resolve it, first contact your Department Chair. However, if the problem persists, please feel free to contact the office of the Dean of the College of Education and Human Services, Shippen Hall 356, (717) 477-1141,