Workshops are presented in classes, for student clubs/organizations, and through the Career Center. Workshop topics include:
- Cover Letters
- Graduate School Information
- Job Search Strategies
- Portfolio Development
- Job Fair Success
- Visit our online calendar or stop in the Career Center for upcoming dates & times and to view additional workshop/programs.
Scheduled workshops/sessions are posted in the "Announcements" and "Workshops" sections of SHIP Career Connection. To view all upcoming events, login to your SHIP Career Connection account. Unable to attend any of the scheduled workshops, but still need information on career-related topics? Click on the links below for more information:
Cover letter tips/strategies
Can't Attend a Workshop in Person?
The Career Center offers career-related workshops online (listed below).
Consider completing a survey regarding the online interviewing workshops (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HHGC65F)
You may submit your resume via email for electronic review. In order to take advantage of this service, follow the steps below:
- Allow a minimum of 7 days for response to resume critiques. Resumes will be reviewed in the order they are received. If you need feedback on your resume quicker than this process allows, please visit the Career Center during Walk-In Hours or contact the office to schedule an appointment.
- Resumes must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only documents submitted in Microsoft Word will be critiqued.
- Electronic critiques are not a guarantee for accuracy. Ultimately, you are responsible for the correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation in your resume and job-search related documents.
- Electronic services do not replace existing services. Please visit the office whenever possible to assist with your career-related needs.
- Consider completing a survey regarding the online resume workshop (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HFPLGB5)