Undergraduate Degree Programs in Chemistry
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry offers undergraduate programs leading to a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree with programs in chemistry and the following concentrations:
- Chemistry (BS): This program is designed for students who are interested in technical careers in industry, government, or graduate work in chemistry.
- Chemistry (BS): Biochemistry Concentration: Students seeking a preparation in biochemistry science may elect the biochemistry concentration within the chemistry program which is designed to prepare students for careers or graduate study in biochemistry and meets the recommended guidelines of both the American Society of Biological Chemists and the American Chemical Society.
- Chemistry (BS) with Secondary Certification: Students enrolled in this program of study obtain the degree of BS with secondary certification.
- Chemistry minor: Requires the completion of 23-27 credits.
- Chemistry (BS): Pre-Pharmacy: Designed for students seeking a preparation towards a degree in a field related to pharmacy.
- Chemistry (BS): Forensics Concentration: Forensics is an exciting and important field which exists because of chemistry. This concentration prepares a would-be chemist for the possibility of pursing a career in the forensics sciences.
- Biochemistry minor: Requires the completion of 24-28 credits.
All chemistry majors will take a comprehensive examination in their junior year at a time and place designated by the department. A satisfactory performance in all areas of this examination is a requirement for departmental recommendation and