Financial Aid Information

How do I apply for financial aid for the DCP program?

You apply for federal and state aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website to apply is or an application is available in the Financial Aid Office. Our Title IV school code is 003326. You file the FAFSA once per academic year. The forms are available for the upcoming academic year after January 1 st.

Your eligibility is determined by a need analysis performed by the Department of Education and PHEAA (for state grant purposes).

What types of aid am I eligible for with the DCP program?

The aid that you are considered for include the Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG), Federal Perkins Loan, and Federal Stafford Loan programs. In addition, Pennsylvania residents are considered for the PHEAA (Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency) State Grant. PHEAA has a deadline of May 1 st for the FAFSA to be considered for the state grant.

The financial aid office will package you once you have been admitted to the program. Your loans and grants are affected by your enrollment status according to "full-time", "at least half-time" and "less than half-time" enrollment status. The financial aid office is available to answer any questions you may have regarding your eligibility status.

What is the definition for "full-time", "at least half-time" and "less than half-time" enrollment?

"Full-time" status is an equivalent of 12 credits or more in an academic semester. "at least half-time" status is 6 to 11 credits in an academic semester and "less than half-time" is less than 6 credits in an academic semester. There are certain aid programs that you are not eligible for unless you are in a minimum of 6 credits per academic semester. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for further information.

When will I hear from the Financial Aid Office?

Our office will be in contact with you usually 4 to 6 weeks after the filing date of the FAFSA. This is usually in the form of an award package or a request for further documents.

What scholarships are available for students in the DCP program?

The following are websites for private scholarship opportunities for you to access:

What if I am taking a combination of courses at Ship and at HACC?

If you are admitted in the Degree Completion Program with Ship and you still are taking required courses at HACC, i.e. general education requirements, you are able to set up a Consortium Agreement for financial aid purposes. Ship would process your financial aid package and include the courses at HACC to determine you eligibility. You would be considered a "visiting student" with HACC and Ship would be your "home" institution. Contact the Financial Aid Office for further information.

Financial Aid Contact Information

For further questions or information, please feel free to contact us at (717)477-1131. Our e-mail address is . Our office hours are Monday thru Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm during the Fall and Spring semesters. Summer office hours are Monday thru Friday, 8 am to 4 pm.

Contact Information

Office of Admissions

Professional, Continuing, and Distance Education

College of Arts & Sciences

Financial Aid Office