Resources for Students

Alcohol and drug use can lead to misuse and abuse. If you are worried about yourself or a friend, please don't hesitate to contact the Connection Program. There are resources on campus to help you. Here are some of your options:

  1. Contact the Director of Connection ā€“ Drug and Alcohol Services. Located in Old Main 210. The Director can arrange for you to talk with some different resources, so you find the support needed to navigate through.  The Director can be reached at or at 717.477.1164. From there we will work to match your need with a campus or community partner. In addition, we please check out: on the front page, we list a number of different resources and services that the Office of Connection - Drug and Alcohol Services provides directly.
  2. Call University Counseling Center at 717.477.1481 to schedule an appointment with one of our staff members that include full-time psychologists, psychiatrist, counselors, and graduate master trainees. If you do not want to say, you can start off the conversation by saying, ā€œIā€™d like to make a free appointment to talk about my substance use.ā€ Appointments are free and confidential. The appointment will not be part of your medical record.

Note: As a client, all information you share about yourself will be kept confidential. Only with your written permission will information be released to anyone outside of the UCC except as required by law. Legal exceptions include the following: clear and imminent danger to you or someone else, reasonable suspicion of child or elder abuse, or a court order. UCC records do not become part of student educational records. While UCC staff members may consult with a supervisor or with one another, all staff members are ethically and legally bound to also treat that information confidentially (Counseling Center, 2017).