Information for faculty participants in the Spring Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony
11 a.m., May 11, 2013
- Faculty Participation: The Commencement Committee invites faculty to participate. College deans will poll department chairs to determine the number of faculty participants to provide an accurate count of required seats.
- Cap and Gown: Faculty members who wish to order academic regalia are asked to contact the University Store at ext. 1600 from on-campus or 477-1600 from off-campus.
- Diploma Presentation: If you want to present a diploma cover to a family member who is graduating, please contact Dr. Peter M. Gigliotti at ext. 1202 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1.
- Guest Admission: No tickets are required for guest admission. Participants who wish to bring a guest may obtain a ticket for reserved seating in the stadium from the Office of University Communications and Marketing, ext. 1202, by May 1.
- Guest Arrival: Stadium gates open at 9 a.m. Light refreshments will be available. Refreshment stands also will be open to purchase cold drinks. Please have your guests arrive in time to be seated by 10:30 a.m. The academic procession begins promptly at 11 a.m.
- Robing: Faculty will robe by 10:30 a.m. in the Red Raider Locker Room under the north end of the grandstand. Please enter the room via the tunnel at the center of the home grandstand.
- Academic Procession: The academic procession will form at 10:45 a.m. and start promptly at 11 a.m. The mace bearer will lead the processional followed by the graduating class, faculty, administrators and the platform party. The recessional will be led by the mace bearer followed by the platform party, administrators and faculty. Since students will not recess, faculty who wish to remain to meet with graduates should step aside to allow other faculty to continue off the field.
- Special Note on Provisions for Inclement Weather: In the event of inclement weather, commencement will be held in Heiges Field House in two separate ceremonies. Members of the John L. Grove College of Business, and the College of Education and Human Services will participate in the 11 a.m. ceremony. Members of the College of Arts and Sciences will participate in the 3 p.m. ceremony. In that event, faculty are asked to robe at least 30 minutes prior to the start of their respective ceremonies. Information about commencement will be available on Hotline at 477-1200 beginning May 10 and will be updated as needed. Final information will be available by 7:30 a.m. May 11.
Should you have any questions concerning your participation in the ceremony, please contact Dr. Gigliotti at ext. 1202 or via e-mail at email@example.com.