Internship Hours Requirement
The student must complete three clock hours per week for each declared credit. This continues for 12 weeks starting with the beginning of the third week of the semester.
- 12 credit hours = 36 hours/week for a total of 432 hours/semester
- 9 credit hours = 27 hours/week for a total of 324 hours/semester
- 6 credit hours = 18 hours/week for a total of 216 hours/semester
The Internship site determines the weekly scheduling of the hours, but the total number of hours must comply with the above numbers.
Grading and Evaluation
The final grade will be in a pass/fail format. The final grade will be determined by the faculty coordinator.
Evaluation (determined by advisor)
- Research Paper or Case Study
- Presentation to the Department of Exercise Science or a Reflective Essay
- Supervisor's Evaluation of the Intern
- Faculty Site Visit and/or Contact
All students must evaluate their internship experience via an exit interview. This is not for a grade but it is a required component for the completion of the internship and must be completed before the submission of final grades.