Restoration of Old Main Fountain:
- Originally built in 1896 the fountain is in need of attention to its structural components and finish system Includes removal of the cast iron portions and complete removal of the basin. With curator oversight, restoration will focus on restoring it to like original condition and finishes.
Replace Horton Air Handler:
- Replaces the outdoor condensing unit that is over 15 years old and in dire need of replacement.
Refit Gilbert for Exercise Science:
- Improves third floor classrooms for use by Exercise Science
Refit Henderson Gym for Exercise Science:
- Changes classroom to lab use and strengthens the floor.
Install New Shearer Elevator:
- Constructs a 3-story elevator addition to end of building along Dauphin Drive. Project will also add two custodial storage rooms.
Replace Memorial Lobby Carpet:
- The carpet in the entrance lobby at Memorial has reached the end of its useful life and will be replaced.
Kriner Hall Projects
- Replace Kriner Dishwasher: This unit is operating beyond its life expectancy and will be replaced.
- Replace Kriner Boiler: The boiler has reached the end of its useful life and will be replaced.
Install New Wright Elevator:
- Constructs a 4-story elevator addition at the back of the building to make all areas of building accessible. Project also includes converting 3 out of service shower rooms into custodial closets.
Install Lehman Library Teleconference Room:
- Upgrades rooms 203, 204 and 205 for video conferencing use. Renovations include painting and new lighting; and selected carpet and ceiling replacement. Televisions, cameras and data connections will be added.
Repair Steam Plan Conveyor:
- Replace worn components of the coal delivery system to assure reliability of the steam heating system.
CUB Mailroom Addition:
- A modification to the original design adds a mail room to the project at the ground floor, expands the second and third floors. This extends this limited portion of the project into summer 2012.
Rebuild Heiges Shower Towers:
- In-house project to replace the existing shower towers in the men’s locker room that have exceeded their useful life.
Rebuild Stadium Rooftop Structures:
- Replace deteriorated shelters on top of the press box that are used by SUTV.
and Water Tower Area:
- Construct On-Campus Student Housing, Phase 1: Constructs three new residence halls, two on the open area between Seavers, the water tower and McLean, and one on the FOB site for a total of 928 new beds. Construction started August 2011 and is scheduled to be completed by December 2012. This is a Shippensburg University Student Services Inc. (SUSSI) project.
Install Fire Suppression System in MCT Computer Room:
- Provides a dry agent fire protection system in the computer center to avoid discharge of current sprinkler system in the event of a fire.
On-Campus Way-Finding Map Signage:
- Complete the campus directional signage package with directional signs in the Old Main area and campus maps at other key locations on campus.
Water Tower Water Works Upgrade:
- Adds automatic water controls at water tower and two new water vaults to use water in tower on a daily basis. Adds handrail, new electric heat trace and pipe insulation at tower.
Re-coat Grounds Storage Building Roof:
- Lifecycle repair for this standing seam metal roof.
Re-roof Baseball Dugouts:
- In house project is a regular life cycle replacement of the existing roofs.
Replace Fogelsonger Road Fence:
- Replace the section of fence from the Fogelsonger Road entrance to the campus boundary at the warehouse.
Install Truncated Domes at Pedestrian Crossings:
- Survey pedestrian crossings for ADA compliance. Install surface applied yellow truncated domes to those crossings that don’t require replacement to meet ADA requirements.