Aid Types & Other Programs
There are four principle categories of financial aid available at Shippensburg University:
- Scholarships: A scholarship is an award of financial aid for a student to further his or her education.
- Grant Programs: Grants are awards that do not need to be repaid.
- Loan Programs: Loans must be repaid.
- Student Work Study: Work study programs are on and off campus.
- Other Programs: Graduate Assistantships (GAs)—Tuition waivers plus employment opportunities for graduate students are counted as a resource and are added to your financial aid package through the Student Accounts Office.