Types of Aid:



The Federal School Code for Shippensburg University is 003326.

Students should complete an electronic Master Promissory Note (eMPN) in order to borrow a Federal Direct Loan or a Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan at www.studentloans.gov.

Parents may complete an eMPN in order to borrow a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan after April 1st at www.studentloans.gov.

Dates & Deadlines

Prospective and returning students should complete the FAFSA as soon as possible.

spacer image

Contact Us

Due to federal privacy laws, you must call (717) 477-1131 for individual student information.

General financial aid questions can be addressed by e-mail at finaid@ship.edu. Please provide the student's Shippensburg University ID (if applicable) in all e-mails. 

Fax: (717) 477-4028

spacer image

Related Links

Go to FAFSA 

Academic Calendar 

Semester Information 

How to Pay for College (college.gov) 

spacer image

Student Employment

Shippensburg University hires students to work part-time on campus.  The University utilizes a centralized system, SHIP Career Connection, to post all available positions on campus through the Career Center.     

To access SHIP Career Connection

  • Go to www.ship.edu/career
  • Under SHIP Career Connection, click “Current Students” (Login using the MyShip Portal)
  • Click “My Profile” to build your Personal and Academic information and be able to view all features of the system and apply for positions



For assistance with SHIP Career Connection, contact the Career Center:

To apply for on-campus student employment, you will be required to upload a resume into SHIP Career Connection. To get started with a resume, visit: http://www.ship.edu/Career/Resume_Tips_and_Strategies/.  There is a significant amount of helpful information, pdfs and resources to assist you with this process. Once you have a resume started, you can visit the Career Center to have it reviewed.

Students who have been awarded Federal Work Study (FWS) as part of their financial aid award may apply for any open position on campus (both those listed as Federal Work Study and those listed as On Campus Student Employment). Please print out a copy of your aid award showing that you have been awarded Federal Work Study in case your employer needs to confirm this.

Students who have NOT been awarded Federal Work Study, can apply for any position that is listed as On Campus Student Employment.

Departmental and academic jobs vary widely from term-to-term and year-to-year. Positions include positions in:

  • Administrative and faculty offices
  • Library
  • Classrooms
  • Residence halls
  • Child Care Center
  • Campus grounds
  • Technology support
  • Athletics
  • Campus activities
  • Dining services
  • Bookstore

As positions become available, they will be posted on SHIP Career Connection.

Students who have been awarded Federal Work Study but have not found a position on campus should contact the Financial Aid Office. The Federal Work Study coordinator assists students with FWS funding with finding a position. Schedule an appointment to meet with the Federal Work Study coordinator in the Office of Financial Aid.

FYI: A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be filed for Federal Work Study (FWS). A FAFSA is not required for campus employment positions funded by the University.

Steps to complete the hiring process and begin working:

  • Apply for/Interview/and Accept position
  • Obtain and complete HR paperwork from your supervisor
    • Work Authorization Form
    • I-9 (for any new employee at the university)
    • W-4 (for any new employee at the university)
  • Submit completed paperwork to your supervisor
  • Supervisor will submit completed paperwork to Financial Aid and other offices as appropriate
  • Create a work schedule and begin working

Employers/Campus Offices/Departments Hiring Students

For assistance with SHIP Career Connection, contact the Career Center: