Work-study programs and graduate assistantships provide part-time jobs on campus, and they are a great way to earn money to supplement or even take the place of loans. We post all available positions on the
Ship Career Connection. To access it, follow these simple steps:
- Go to www.ship.edu/career
- Under Ship Career Connection, click Current Students (Login using the MyShip Portal)
- Click My Profile to build your Personal and Academic information, view all features of the system, and apply for positions
To apply for on-campus student employment, you must upload a
resume into Ship Career Connection. We have all kinds of useful information and resources to assist you with this process. For assistance with the Ship Career Connection or in developing your resume, contact the Career Center at 717-477-1484 or
If you were awarded Federal Work Study (FWS) as part of your financial aid package, you may apply for any open position on campus (both those listed as FWS and those listed as On-Campus Student Employment). If you were not awarded FWS, you may only
apply for positions listed as On-Campus Student Employment.
While a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be filed for FWS, it is not required for On-Campus Student Employment positions funded by Ship.
In just four simple steps, you can start paying your way through school.
- Apply for, interview, and accept position
- Submit completed Work Authorization Form, I-9, and W-4 to your supervisor
- Supervisor submits completed paperwork to Financial Aid and other offices
- Create a work schedule and begin working
Find out more about Ship’s Academic Calendar, FAFSA, and How to Pay for College.