Jump to Footer
How to View Your Aid Award/Outstanding Requirements
- Log in with your Ship email and password that you created.
- Click on ACCEPTED STUDENT OR STUDENT tab and Paying for College at the top of the page.
- If prompted, click on the appropriate aid year (e.g., 16-17).
- If you see REQUIREMENTS listed it means you need to submit one or more documents before your aid award is final. Click on Financial Aid Status, and then on Unsatisfied Student Requirements. A list of necessary documents (and instructions) will be shown. Submit all required documents to the Financial Aid Office at Shippensburg as soon as possible.
- To view your aid award click on Financial Aid Status. If you see a sentence that reads, “You have been AWARDED financial aid……” Click on the word “AWARDED” . (If you do NOT see “You have been awarded…” then your aid award has not been processed yet. You will receive an email when your aid award has been processed.)
- Click on ACCEPT AWARD OFFER. All the aid currently offered will be listed. (Note, if you have been offered a Board of Governor’s Scholarship or any other kind of tuition waiver, those are NOT listed on the aid award. They are automatically deducted from your bill by the Student Accounts Office.)
- You must ACCEPT your loan (either the full amount or a partial amount) or DECLINE your federal direct student loans offered for each payment period and CLICK the SUBMIT BUTTON. All grants and scholarships are automatically in the “accepted” status.
- For any Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized Loans you have accepted you will need to complete BOTH Entrance Counseling AND a MASTER PROMISSORY NOTE (MPN) if you are a first time borrower at Shippensburg University. (Please note, under REQUIREMENTS in Banner for any Direct Loan, only the Entrance Counseling requirement will appear. After you complete the Entrance Counseling, you MUST also complete the Master Promissory Note.) If you wish, you can complete both these requirements now at
www.studentloans.gov. Allow processing time after you have completed these documents for them to appear as received in myShip.
- If you are offered a PERKINS loan, you will need to wait 48 hours AFTER you accept the offer before your promissory note and entrance counseling for the Perkins loan are ready to view and complete. At that time, you will log onto
www.ecsi.net/prom09 to complete your Perkins Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note.