Financial Assistance for Graduate Students
Graduate Assistantships and Student Payroll positions for spring 2014 are posted online. Students and prospective students may apply at this time. Summer and fall 2014 positions will be posted in March or April 2014.
There are several types of financial assistance available to graduate students:
- Graduate Assistantships (GAs), through the Dean of Graduate Studies, provide a tuition waiver and allow students to work 250 hours per semester and 150 hours during the summer. The summer waiver is for one graduate course, and the semester waiver is for 9 graduate credits. The rate of pay is $10 per hour. A provisionally-admitted student is not eligible to work as a graduate assistant during the provisional semester(s). A conditionally-admitted student may work as a graduate assistant with the permission of his/her academic department.
- Student Life Assistantships (SLGAs), through the Student Affairs Division, provide a tuition waiver and allow students to work 400 hours per semester and 250 hours during the summer.
- Student Payroll Positions (SPPs), through the Dean of Graduate Studies, do not provide a tuition waiver and allow students to work 250 hours per semester and 150 hours during the summer. Priority is given to graduate students but undergraduate students may also apply. The rate of pay is $7.25 per hour.
- Student loans are available through the Financial Aid Office.
- Residence Director positions are available through the Dean of Students Office.
Positions are awarded on a competitive basis. Students are encouraged to contact the office offering the position and arrange for an interview.