Financial Assistance for Graduate Students
Graduate Assistantships and Student Payroll positions for spring 2016 will be posted by December 1, 2015. Positions are awarded on a competitive basis. Students are encouraged to contact the office offering the position and arrange for an interview.
Total cost (
tuition and fees) for PA residents is $607 per credit. Financial assistance options available to graduate students include:
- Graduate Assistantships (GAs), through the Dean of Graduate Studies, provide a tuition waiver and allow students to work 250 hours per semester and 150 hours during the summer. The summer waiver is for one graduate course, and the semester waiver is for 9 graduate credits. The rate of pay is $10 per hour. A provisionally-admitted student is not eligible to work as a graduate assistant during the provisional semester(s). A conditionally-admitted student may work as a graduate assistant with the permission of his/her academic department.
- Employer Reimbursement Application Complete this form if you will be receiving tuition reimbursement from an employer at the completion of the semester. All other semester fees are due and payable on the billing deadline date.
- Student Life Assistantships (SLGAs), through the Student Affairs Division, provide a tuition waiver and allow students to work 400 hours per semester and 250 hours during the summer.
- Student Payroll Positions (SPPs), through the Dean of Graduate Studies, do not provide a tuition waiver and allow students to work 250 hours per semester and 150 hours during the summer. Priority is given to graduate students but undergraduate students may also apply. The rate of pay is $7.25 per hour.
- Student Loans are available through the Financial Aid Office.
- Veterans Benefits are available to those who qualify.
Residence Director positions are available through the Dean of Students Office.