Graduate Admissions Application 101
Thank you for your interest in SHIP's School of Graduate Studies.
This page will help you complete your application.
Questions? Phone: 717-477-1231 or email GradAdmiss@ship.edu.
Other helpful individuals and contacts can be found on our contacts list page.
We are excited that you are thinking of applying. We hope you become part of our Ship Family!
What should I expect?
It is our goal to make the application process as painless and simple as possible. You must submit all documents for us to provide you with an offer of admission. We cannot provide a decision until we receive all documents.
Graduate Admissions Application Checklist
1) Choose a Graduate program. You will find we offer Master's, Post-Master's, Certificate and Certification programs, and post-bachelor's programs. A full listing of programs is found on the Graduate Studies page.
2) Complete a Graduate Admissions Application. We suggest you apply online for quicker processing; however a paper application can be requested by contacting the Office of Admissions. A $45.00 non-refundable application fee is due at the time of submission.
3) Submit official transcripts from each and every institution that has awarded you college credit. This allows us to have the most accurate view of your academic history. At a minimum you must show you have been awarded a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university. These may be submitted electronically through Docufide or E-scripts, or through postal mail sent to: Shippensburg University, Office of Graduate Admissions, 1871 Old Main Drive, Shippensburg PA 17257.
4) Applicants may be required to take the GRE, MAT, or GMAT. This is most common for those individuals with below a 2.75 GPA. Testing requirements are listed on the Admissions Requirements page. International applicants should also visit the International Requirements page.
5) Check to see if your graduate program requires supplemental application materials. A complete listing of all graduate programs and their individual supplemental requirements can be found on the Admissions Requirements page. Please note your file is not complete until we receive all of these supplemental documents.
6) If you would like to provide additional items or if your graduate department requires supplemental materials please submit them by email as a PDF or Word document attachment to GradAdmiss@ship.edu. Please ensure you submit these items prior to any application deadline. You may also submit these documents via postal mail or facsimile to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
7) Track your application status by using our online portal at ssb.ship.edu/admiss/. This will allow you to check your application and see which items are still outstanding.
Where does my file go once it is complete?
When all application requirements have been met the file will be sent to the academic department for initial review. Faculty members of the academic department will review your file and may contact you to schedule a formal interview. Upon completion of the review process the Chair of the academic department will submit a recommendation to the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies. Upon receipt of this recommendation a secondary review by the Office of Graduate Admissions will be completed and a decision will be rendered. Decisions will be sent to the applicant via postal mail. You are encouraged to routinely check your application status online.
If you have additional questions please don't hesitate to email us GradAdmiss@ship.edu or call 717-477-1213.