Links to Resources
Keep your child and family healthy! Use the tools below to stay up to date on the latest health and medication news. For any questions, call Mabel at 477-1626.
Reports of a Severe Respiratory Illness on the Rise
According to the CDC- Centers for Disease Control, the best practice is prevention by handwashing and covering our mouths and noses when we cough and sneeze.
For more information click here.
For advice if someone is poisoned, call your local Poison Center at 1-800-222-1222.
- Check out the latest recalls on medications and foods from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA): http://www.recalls.gov/medicine.html
- The latest recalls on household products, self-care products, pet products, car products and more from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: http://hpd.nlm.nih.gov/index.htm
For information on flu symptoms, vaccines, prevention and treatment, and facts for parents: http://www.flu.gov/
A comprehensive list of health information hotline telephone numbers: http://www.nih.gov/health/infoline.htm
Information on diseases, conditions, and medications: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/
A comprehensive listing of health topics and information, including children’s health: http://health.nih.gov/#content
- Parent's Guide to Healthy Sleep [www.tuck.com]
- Sleep Guide for Pregnancy [www.tuck.com]
- Healthy Sleep for New and Expecting Parents [www.sleephelp.org]
- Children's Sleep Guide [www.sleephelp.org]
- How to Manage Screen Time and Bed Time [www.sleephelp.org]
HEALTH AND MEDICATION INFORMATION
Health information from A to Z from the National Institutes of Health of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: http://www.nih.gov/
For a variety of articles and information on health: http://newsinhealth.nih.gov/
NUTRITION AND WELLNESS
For information on maintaining nutrition and wellness: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/