Resident Assistant Reference Form
A Resident Assistant is a vital member of the residence hall staff. It is his or her goal to support and extend the education process beyond the confines of the classroom. A Resident Assistant (RA) is required to meet the following expectations:
- Helping and advising students both individually and in groups.
- Developing programs to encourage the intellectual, cultural, and social growth of residents.
- Assisting in the administration within the residence hall.
- Supporting and implementing University policies.
- Creating a sense of community within the residence halls.
Information About Applicant
The purpose of this form is to assist the Office of Housing and Residence life in evaluating applicants for the position of Resident Assistant. Your candid evaluation of the applicant, based on your experience with him/her, serves as an important part of the selection process. If you reach a question in which you do not have experience with the candidate, please feel free to indicate as such.
We would appreciate if you would list additional strengths, weaknesses, or other traits which you feel may be pertinent to our decision of whether or not we should employ this applicant.