Returning Student Housing Selection 2018-2019

To be eligible to participate in Room Selection Process 2018-19, a student must sign the 2018-2019 Housing Agreement and pay the $200 deposit before 3:00 pm on Thursday, February 1, 2018 at 3:00 p.m.Room selection for the suites is available after you confirm your housing. Living Learning Communities will be filled by application.

  • For 2018-19 full year agreement, students may complete transaction online in the My Ship, Student, Ship Life, MyHousing Portal (deposit can be paid via credit card or eCheck) or student may come to the Student Accounts Office in Old Mail 100 to pay by cash, paper check, or money order. Please do not mail a check or money order separately as the student must process the paper agreement with the payment.
  • Students interested in a one semester Fall 2018 Agreement due to December 2018 graduation or Spring 2019 study abroad or student teaching, must come to Housing and Residence Life Office in McLean Hall Room 113 (deposit can be paid via check or cash). One semester housing agreement requests can be made by completing the online form by Wednesday, January 31, 2018.

The Housing Agreement is for the full academic year 2018-2019. Submission of agreement and deposit reserves a space in university housing. Location is not guaranteed but the Housing Office will make every effort to meet student's preferences. The University reserves the right to make room assignments, temporary assignments, consolidate vacancies by requiring resident to move and be reassigned. The housing deposit is non-refundable.The deadline to cancel your housing agreement is June 1, 2018.

Bobby Suites 300

Specific Housing Instructions / Information

Suite Housing: Harley Hall, Kieffer Hall, Lackhove Hall, McCune Hall, Naugle Hall, and Seavers Hall. Living Learning Communities will be selected during this time.
Traditional Halls McLean: Requested by Living Preference listed in the MyHousing Portal

Sign up for housing now: MyShip Portal

Housing will be selected via online room selection processes in the MyHousing Portal. These processes posted on the Overview screen of the MyHousing Portal allow students to request roommates and then select a room. It is recommended all students enter personal, hall, room type(suite style), and roommate (if any) preferences, so information is available if reassignment becomes necessary.However, it is imperative students electing not to self-select a room enter preferences, so assignment can be made by Housing and Residence Life. Preferences will be honored to the extent possible based on available space. Deadline to enter preferences is on February 1, 2018.

All returning student assignments will be posted online when completed. It is important that students review assignment to identify any issues and to see changes necessary due to consolidation. Incoming students will be allowed to select non-living learning community rooms beginning March 15, 2018. Living learning community rooms can be requested throughout the process by application. All housing information is stored in the MyHousing portal and should be reviewed by the student at any time.