Returning Students

Current and/or Graduate Students

Current students who would like housing for the academic year 2018-19 can sign a housing agreement and pay the $200 deposit online. Go to MyShip, Student, Ship Life, Self Service. Once in the Self Service Portal. Click on Applications in the tabs. You should see the appropriate application. Scroll through it sign it and then complete the payment. The Housing Office will email the RoomSync Passcode to you at your Ship email account. You can use RoomSync to look for Roommates. Once you have decided who you want to live with you can complete a Living Learning Community application. You can request a roommate in an LLC even if the roommate does not plan to participate in the LLC.

Living Learning Community information is available at:

If you do not prefer to live in a LLC you can mutually match your roommates in the Self Service Portal and then select your room in any of the suite buildings (Harley, Kieffer, Lackhove, McCune, Naugle, or Seavers Hall). If you want to live in McLean Hall put your request in Self Service under requests. You can request a single room in McLean Hall by completing a Housing Form. The Housing Office will review requests for McLean after Feb. 1, 2018. If you change your mind and decided not to wait for McLean Hall you can simply select a room assignment in the room selection process. Students who are assigned will not be reviewed for requests or roommates. If you would like to make a change to your assignment you can email and give detailed information to be removed from your assignment and placed back into the housing selection process. If you are already assigned you can still complete the LLC application. You will be moved from your current assignment to a LLC room. You cannot request an LLC after May 15, 2018.

Spring 2018

Returning students will report on Sunday, January 21, 2018 after 1:00 p.m.

Fall 2018

Harley Hall, Kieffer Hall, Lackhove Hall, Mccune Hall, Naugle Hall, Seavers Hall, and McLean Hall: Returning students will arrive on Saturday, August 25, 2018 after 9:00 a.m.

Request to Change Rooms: Students who would like to change their housing assignment can request a form from their Resident Assistant or print the form here. If all roommates are in agreement to the change the request will be forwarded to the Director of Housing for approval. If approved the residents can make the requested change. Students are asked to remain in their assigned space for the first two weeks of each semester. Room changes should be submitted by your residence life staff to Bill Yost, Associate Director of Housing and Residence Life, at Please detail your request with room/roommate/building and suite style information. In November the residence life staff will review other changes for the Spring semester.

Withdrawal from Residence Halls: If you are planning to withdrawal from SU it is important to remember to properly withdrawal from the halls. Please complete your RCR (room condition report), return your keys, and complete a withdrawal from residence hall form. This form is important to document your reason for withdrawing and finalize your bill for housing. Please see the housing agreement for details.

Housing Agreements: Please remember your housing agreement is for the full academic year. Students must be released from the housing agreement before signing a lease with an off campus landlord.

Students will receive special instructions for break and semester closings.