Related Links


Campus Visit

Housing Staff

Housing Agreement 



Off Campus Housing

Residence Hall Programs

Residence Hall Association




spacer image

Contact Information

Housing & Residence Life 

McLean Hall Rm 113
Phone: (717) 477-1701
Fax: (717) 477-4040

YouTube 72x72pxTwitter blue Facebook 72x72px  

spacer image

Returning Students      

Welcome to University Housing  

Sign up for housing now: MyShip Portal

Have questions about the portal? Click here to learn more 

Spring 2015 

Returning students will report on Sunday, January 18, 2015 after 1:00 p.m.  Stone Ridge Commons will remain open over the Thanksgiving and Winter Break.

Fall 2015

MeLean Hall II, Seavers Hall, Presidents Hall, Lackhove Hall, Kieffer Hall, McCune Hall, and Mowrey Hall

Returning students will arrive on Saturday, August 22, 2015 after 9:00 a.m.

Stone Ridge Commons Apartments:
Wednesday, August 19th: Returning Students - 1:00 pm-4:00 pm
Thursday, August 20th: New and Returning Students - 7:45 am-3:00 pm
Friday, August 21st: Returning Students - 1:00 pm-4:00 pm
Saturday, August 22nd: Returning Students -10:00 am-11:00 am; 2:00 pm-3:00 pm
Sunday, August 23rd: Returning Students -10:00 am-11:00 am; 2:00 pm-3:00 pm

Request to Change Rooms Students who would like to change their housing assignment can request a form from their Resident Assistant or print the  form here. If all roommates are in agreement to the change the request will be forwarded to the Director of Housing for approval. If approved the residents can make the requested change. Students are asked to remain in their assigned space for the first two weeks of each semester.
Room changes should be submitted by your residence life staff to Bill Yost, Associate Director of Housing and Residence Life, at  Please detail your request with room/roommate/building and suite style information.  In November the residence life staff will review other changes for the Spring semester. 

Withdrawal from Residence Halls
If you are planning to withdrawal from SU it is important to remember to properly withdrawal from the halls. Please complete your RCR (room condition report), return your keys, and complete a withdrawal from residence hall form. This form is important to document your reason for withdrawing and finalize your bill for housing. Please see the  housing agreement for details.

Single Rooms Students may request a single room. The form is available by clicking on the forms link to the left of this page. Single room requests will be reviewed by the Housing Office. Single rooms are approved individually each semester and do not automatically carry from fall to spring. A separate form should be completed for the spring semester. Single rooms cost an additional 1/2 times the current room rate. The university's goal is to open at capacity; therefore, each student should expect to have a roommate at opening.

Housing Agreements Please remember your housing agreement is for the full academic year. Students must be released from the housing agreement before signing a lease with an off campus landlord.