Accessing Form Data
By default, the CMS stores all submitted form data. If you want the CMS to store this data, double check that the option is checked. Follow the same steps for email (see above), but make sure Database is checked under the Form Properties tab.
To view submitted form data in the database:
- Log in to the CMS and navigate to the form
- Select switch to edit, then from the edit menu select Properties
- Click on the Report button from the top options
- From the View Forms Report Page you can:
- Specify the start/end date range. This will only show forms within the dates selected. You can also leave this blank to show all forms
- Report Display. This will change the way form information is displayed. Depending on your form type, some of these types will not be visible.
- Report Display Types
- Exporting a Form’s Raw Data
- After you run a report, you can export its data to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet file (.xls) for further analysis. If a form uses an XML structure, each XML tag becomes a column header in the spreadsheet.
- To export form data, follow these steps.
- Access the View Form Reports screen for the report you want to export, as described in steps 1-3 above.
- A File Download dialog box is displayed. The file will save as HTML.
- Open Excel and open the downloaded file. After the data is opened in Excel you can analyze, modify and save the file as .xls.