- Log in to ship.edu, clubs.ship.edu or ssi.ship.edu CMS
- Navigate to page you wish to edit
- Select "Edit in Context" or "Edit" from "Content Block" Menu. This link includes important information regarding the Edit Slider and Content Block functions.
- After selecting the desired Edit function, Highlight the text you wish to make a link
- Select Add a hypertext link
- This will display a window where you can add an external URL
To connect Ship Content HTML Content or PDF (including your own pages) click back on the new link and open the Inspector. Then click on the link. This will open a basic or advanced link editor.
- If scrolling for a Ship link, Select "scroll to content" icon (see above). Make sure you have Quicklinks selected for type (in upper right box). New window will open. Select specific folder where the link is located. Click Insert to add the link or double click on the file name.
- To insert an Email link, follow instructions above. Select Email in the Inspector, add Email address and subject.
Bookmarks are markers on a page that you can direct page links to.
- Create Bookmarks -- Click where you want to add bookmark and select bookmark from Insert menu
- Name Bookmark. It is best to create all bookmarks you will be using on a page before creating links
- Link to Bookmarks -- Type in a list of Bookmark link titles (usually at top of page or section). Insert a link for each title ( see general link instructions). Open the Inspector. In the content click on the link title.
- In the Inspector -- Select Link, Existing Bookmark, then select desired bookmark from the list of existing bookmarks.