Edit in Context
- Log in to ship.edu, clubs.ship.edu or ssi.ship.edu CMS
- Navigate to page you wish to edit
Select "Edit in Context" from "Content Block" Menu
Edit in Context Options
- Click within the content area you want to edit and The Editor will slide into place at the top of the content you are editing.
- The Editor includes four tabbed menus
- Format includes Bold, Italics, Insert Link, List Types, and content styling selections
- Insert allows you to insert library items (images), embedded media, tables, special characters, links, bookmarks and horizontal rules.
- Review allows you to view source (HTML)
- File allows you to Save or Exit your edits. After making changes, select the File tab -- select the Disk to save. Your changes are saved and published. OR Select the red circle x to cancel.
- NOTE: When you go to a new page, it’s important to note that Edit mode will be disabled. Every page which you hope to edit will require you to toggle the edit bar at the top of the screen.
- An important new feature of the editor is the inclusion of something called the Inspector. It is located in the Review tab.
This is where you can apply the various styles supplied by the Web Services team to your content. The available styles will be impacted by the specific type of content you’re editing (Text, link, images, buttons). For more information, ask Web Services about the available styles and instructions on using them.