Special access allows instructors to provide alternative content or time limits to individual users or groups of users to accommodate special needs. For example, instructors can use special access to accommodate individuals who need additional time writing a quiz because of a physical or learning disability or you can use special access to set up a restricted dropbox folder for individuals who under-performed on or missed an assignment.
The following tools allow time-restrictions to be set on content and, therefore, use special access to allow alternative time limits:
There are two types of special access:
- Restrict access to a quiz, survey or dropbox folder to specific users
- Assign an alternative time restrictions on a quiz, survey or dropbox folder for specific users
Granting Special Access
Use the Special Access feature to override the availability and timing settings of a quiz for specific users. Special access is set up in the Restrictions tab of a quiz.
- Click on the Restrictions tab.
- Click the Add Special Access button to add special access permissions.
- Check the boxes beside any of the special access types, and fill in the appropriate fields. Special access can include a unique start and end date, time limit, grace period, and submission requirements. For example, to provide an extended grace period to users that have special access, check Assign special grace period and fill in the applicable time limit (in minutes) in the Grace Period text box.
- Check the boxes beside the users that will be granted special access.
- Click on the Add Selected button.
- Increase the quiz time limit for students with special-needs.
- Allow individual students to have different start and end dates.
- Create a restricted quiz for studentss who need a make-up quiz.