D2L: Backing Up Your Grade Book
Exporting grades to a Desire2Learn course produces a comma separated values file (.csv), with the students' information separated by commas. This file can then opened with Excel and saved as an Excel file (.xlsx). It is important to back up the Grades area frequently.
NOTE: To maintain an up-to-date backup, export a Grades List several times during the semester as well as at the end of the semester
- On the Course Home Page navigation bar, click the GRADES link. The User List screen appears.
- Click the EXPORT GRADES button.The Export Grades pane appears.
- In the Export Options section, select the desired options.
- In the "Choose Grades to Export," sections, select the appropriate grade items.
- Click EXPORT TO CSV. The "Export Grades" dialog box appears.
- Click the grade link. The "File Download" dialog box appears.
- Click the SAVE button. The "Save As.." dialog box appears.
- Find and select the desired save location.
- Click the SAVE button. The "Download complete" dialog box appears.
- Click CLOSE. The grades are exported.