The Pager is an online messaging tool for sending text messages to classmates. a page is quicker than an email. Use the Pager tool to quickly see which of your classmates are online, get an answer from a friend, or to send a reminder or notice.
Note: The instructor may or may not have this tool available in a course.
Accessing the Pager Tool
To access the Pager tool, click on the Classlist link in the Navigation Bar.
Sending a Page
The green dot beside a user's name indicates that the user is online. It may take up to 3 minutes for a user to receive a page. If they have gone offline, the page will be saved and available to view the next time the user logs into the system.
- Select the users you want to page by clicking on the checkbox beside their name.
- Click the Page selected users icon.
- The Send Page dialog box will appear. Type text in the Message box.
- Click on the Send button.
When you receive a new page you will be notified by a sound signal or you will see the word "page" displayed in the green part of the Page icon, depending on your settings.
- Click the Page icon to view your message.
Viewing a list of Pages
At any time you can click on the Page icon and view a log of the pages you have received :
- Click the H button beside a user's name.
- Click one of the message lines to view a history of that conversation.