Innovations in Faculty Development Symposium
June 3, 2014 - 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Shippensburg University Conference Center, Shippensburg PA
This one day symposium was designed to showcase innovative faculty
development models and practices. It
included concurrent presentations, roundtable discussions, and networking
opportunities designed to foster a sharing of ideas, approaches, and
breakthrough practices across institutions.
Attendees benefited from being able to 1) explore and gain
new strategies, 2) build a regional network of colleagues, and 3) build their
professional portfolio, through presentations and a post-symposium online
Participants: 54 individuals from 24 different colleges and
universities across PA, FL, MD, and WV.
Program and Presentations
The following presentation materials and papers were submitted by presenters for posting on this website:
- April Bailey, Associate Professor of Accounting and Management Information Systems
- Lynn Baynum, Center for Faculty Excellence in Scholarship and Teaching – Director, New Faculty Orientation Programs, and Associate Professor of Teacher Education
- CJ Ezell, WEDnetPA Partner, Office of Professional, Continuing, and Distance Education
- Debbie Gochenaur, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
- Amanda Olejarski, Assistant Professor of Political Science
- Christina Sax, Associate Provost and Dean of Academic Outreach and Innovation
- Ashley Seibert, Center for Faculty Excellence in Scholarship and Teaching – Director, Campus Support, and Assistant Professor of Teacher Education
For additional information about this event, contact CJ Ezell (
email@example.com or 717-477-1123 extension 3381) in Shippensburg University's Office of Professional, Continuing, and Distance Education.