Jump Start Programs
Shippensburg University's Jump Start Programs are great ways to begin your education experience at Shippensburg University.
Students participating in one of the 2012 Jumpstart Programs:
- Please make sure to fill out both the 2011-2012 FAFSA and the 2012-2013 FAFSA!
- Please view both the Admissions Letter and the Enrollment Agreement!
- 2012 Admissions Letter
- Enrollment Agreement
We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to participate in our Jumpstart program!
Jumpstart is a 5 week, 6 credit program designed to provide incoming first year students an opportunity to get a head start on their Shippensburg University experience. Students will take two classes and reside at Shippensburg University.
Students who choose to participate in the Jump Start program will have many of the following services and opportunities available to them:
- An extended orientation to college life
- A connection to University faculty and staff
- Guidance in utilizing electronic resources required by the University, such as: email, Desire to Learn (D2L), Student Information System
- Weekly College Success Seminars
- An orientation to Higher Education and Shippensburg University's academic policies, procedures, and campus resources
- Weekly meetings with Jump Start staff
- Dedicated study area for Jump Start students
- Informational meeting with their respective Academic Dean
- Access to on-campus and off-campus activities and programming
- Access to S.U. Learning Center services: tutoring, learning specialists, workshops, etc
- Will reside in a "Learning Community" during the 5 week Jump Start Program
- Opportunity to move belongings into fall residence hall assignment