Grace B. Luhrs University Elementary School
Library Media Center
Policies and Procedures
- Scheduling of classroom library checkout times is completed prior to the beginning of the academic year.
- Individual and small groups of students are allowed to come to the library throughout the day as needed to checkout materials, use the computers, work on research projects, read for pleasure, or other school activities.
- As a courtesy to the library staff, teachers are asked to schedule/call/or alert the staff about the work that small groups of students may doing in order that they may be assisted as needed.
Shippensburg University faculty may schedule the library by appointment by contacting the library media specialist.
- All library users are asked to respect the library property and use the materials, furniture, equipment and other peripherals with care.
- University patrons and GBLUES students are asked to return library books by the scheduled due date, or earlier if they finish prior to that date. This enables resources to be available to all patrons as much as possible
- Head Start: 1 book per week, no renewal
- GBLUES K-5 Students: A maximum of five items may be checked out at a time, including 1 periodical for 14 days, and 1 audiobook. Book renewals are available once per item, for 14 days (periodicals cannot be renewed)
- SU Undergraduate Students: 50 books for 28 days, 1 renewal for 28 days
- SU Graduate Students: 100 books for 28 days, 2 renewals for 28 days each
- SU Faculty: 200 books for 1 term (end of semester), 2 renewals for 2 additional terms
- Retired Faculty: 50 books for 28 days, 1 renewal for 28 days
- SU Alumnus: 15 books for 28 days, no renewal
Please note that the total number of items borrowed includes transactions for both Luhrs Library materials and Lehman Library materials.