Faculty members are able to add the name(s) of student worker(s) to the circulation system. If you have a graduate or undergraduate student working for you and would like
him/her to be able to borrow materials from the library in your name, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your name
- Student(s) name(s)
- Status (graduate or undergraduate)
- Semester of employment
When your student-proxy checks out material for you, s/he must have their own SU ID with them, and also tell us s/he is your proxy when borrowing materials for you.
- Click Renew Books here, or login to your Account in the library catalog .
- Type in your 9-digit Library ID (65...) and your last name, click on Login
- Scroll down the Personal Information Screen until you see the titles of the items you have checked out
- Click in the box(es) next to the item(s) you want to renew
- Click on the Renew Items button
- Check Status column on right to be sure the date has changed
Renewing Materials from Other Libraries
See the InterLibrary Loan page
Faculty members may request that the library supply photocopies of printed and microform library-owned material:
- The faculty member must initiate the copy request in ILLiad
- Only a single copy of an article, chapter of a book, poem, etc. will be made (non-circulating materials only). This is in compliance with the "Fair Use" doctrine of the U.S. Copyright Act of 1976.
- The finished copies will be available online through ILLiad.
Faculty and Graduate Assistants (as proxy patrons) may borrow journals to photocopy in their departments. If you have any questions concerning this process, please contact a staff member in the Circulation Department at x1461.