Copyright Guidance for Faculty
Shippensburg University's Copyright Office provides guidance for faculty and students in matters relating to the use of copyrighted materials.
Note: Each link below opens in a new window. Close the new window to return to this page.
Research Guides on Copyright Issues
The library has created several new copyright resources and explanation pages
The information below has been incorporated into the new pages listed above.
Information for Faculty Authors
Copyright and Fair Use
Using Copyrighted Content
- In Course packs
- In Course Management Systems (Blackboard)
- For Library Reserves
- Lehman Library Reserves Guidelines
- For Digital Content
- For Photocopies
- Obtaining copyright permission for public performances.
- To obtain broadcast permission for films, contact Kathy Coy on the Lower Level of Lehman Library, Room 005. (717) 477-1466
- Please be advised of the following conditions:
- Allow time for permissions to be asked and received; it is wise to begin the procedure as soon as possible.
- A charge is made by copyrights owners for permission and can be quite expensive. It is important to identify a budget to which the charge can be applied.
- Campus Copyright Guide. A booklet on copyright written especially for higher education communities, developed by representatives of the Association of American Universities, Association of Research Libraries, Association of American University Presses, and the Association of American Publishers.
- Center for Academic Integrity's Educational Resources
- Columbia University's Copyright Advisory Office& provides guidance on copyright issues. Led by Dr. Kenneth Crews, an observer and prolific writer on copyright issues.