Duplicating & Printing
The University Print Shop manages an average of a half-million impressions each month on the university copiers and printing presses. The team of two craftsmen and one bindery worker provide the following services:
- Routine Black and White Duplication
- Color Duplication
- Printing (including full-color process)
- Binding (thermal bind, spiral comb and wire)
- Mailing Services (printing address directly onto your direct mail piece)
- Self-service copier (.01 per copy charged back to your cost center)
Tips for achieving highest quality copies:
- Line art and text documents can be scanned for duplication.
- Documents containing photos and screens should be submitted electronically via e-mail for a much higher quality print. E-mail your file to email@example.com as an attachment along with the duplicating or color copy request form.
- Microsoft Word will often print e-mail and web addresses in colored ink or screens that do not reproduce well. Change these to black in documents to be scanned or e-mail the file.
- Formats accepted for duplication: Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint or pdf files.
- JPEG files reproduce much better if placed into a document such as Publisher.
- If you use fonts not included in the campus package files, save your file as a pdf.
Steps to having your publication labeled with addresses:
- The Print Shop can print addresses on postcards and brochures, not envelopes.
- Addresses should be sent in an Excel file to Denny Starliper (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be sorted by zip code.
- He will return the sorted Excel file to you to create a Word label file (5160 address labels) using mail merge.
- E-mail the Word label file to email@example.com for labeling. Be sure to identify the printing project that should receive the labels.
Printing and Duplication Forms