Professor Marc Renault and student Josh Ide had the paper “Power Fibonacci Sequences” accepted for publication in The Fibonacci Quarterly.
Professors Kim Presser, Winston Crawley, Kate McGivney, Lance Bryant, Ben Galluzzo, Paul Taylor, James Hamblin, Doug Ensley, Ji Young Choi, Mike Long, and Lenny Jones and Students Josh Ide and Johnathan Hocker attended the 2012 Joint Mathematics Meetings of the American Mathematical Society and the Mathematical Association of America in Boston, MA. At this conference...
- Dr McGivney presented, "Moving from Theory to Practice: A Lesson Plan Activity for a History of Mathematics Course," in the MAA Paper Session Teaching Mathematics Beyond the Calculus Sequence.
- Dr. Galluzzo co-organized the MAA sessions Modeling Across the Mathematics Curriculum, I and Modeling Across the Mathematics Curriculum, II. He also presented, "Candy Bar Election," in the MAA session on Projects, Demonstrations, and Activities that Engage Liberal Arts Mathematics Students, I.
- Dr. Taylor presented, "Using MS Excel to Imporve Understanding of Financial Mathematics," in the MAA session on Quantitative Literacy and Decision Making.
- Dr. Hamblin organized the MAA Professional Development Committee panel discussion Getting Your Textbook Published.
- Dr. Ensley was a panelist for the MAA Professional Development Committee panel discussion Getting Your Textbook Published.
- Dr. Presser co-organized the MAA session on Developmental Mathematics Education: Helping Under-Prepared Students Transition to College-Level Mathematics with Dr. Crawley. She also presented, "A Statistical Odyssey: Modernizing the Discussion Board to Enhance Student Engagement," in the MAA session on Innovations in Teaching Statistics in the New Decade, II.
- Dr. Crawley co-organized the MAA session on Developmental Mathematics Education: Helping Under-Prepared Students Transition to College-Level Mathematics with Dr. Presser.
- Dr. Jones presented, "Polynomial Cunningham Chains," in the AMS Session on Number Theory, Field Theory, and Polynomials, II.
- Dr. Choi presented, "Generating Differential Equations for Multi-Restricted Stirling Numbers," in the AMS session on Combinatorics and Graph Theory, III.
- Dr. Long presented, "Building Mathematics Understanding with Toys," in the MAA session on Touch It, Feel It, Learn It: Tactile Learning Activities in the Undergraduate Mathematics Classroom, III.
- Josh Ide presented, "Enumerating Invariant Subspaces of R^n," in the AMS session on Linear Algebra and Multilinear Algebra: Matrix Theory (mentor Dr. Jones).