Shippensburg University homecoming set for October
“Ship: The Main Attraction” is the theme of Shippensburg University’s 2012 Homecoming that culminates with a series of events Oct. 6. The events during Homecoming include:
- “What Happened in Ship… Stayed in Ship” in the Ceddia Union Building. This exhibit of
university artifacts features vintage items from various sports teams, Greek life, campus clubs and activities, This year’s exhibit will include a
special section dedicated to Jane Goss, the retired associate
director of athletics who
died in June. Jane, who coached field hockey and tennis, was
a pioneer in women’s athletics.
- Fifth Annual SU Homecoming Service Project with King’s Kettle Food Pantry
during which alumni, students, faculty and staff will meet to stock shelves at the food pantry. Throughout Homecoming week, food
will be collected at various locations including the Rife Alumni House
and the Shippensburg Chamber of Commerce.
- Thirty-third Annual SU Army ROTC 10K Run. Proceeds benefit the Wounded Warrior Project and the university’s ROTC Cadet Fund. For more information, contact Gene Mizdail at 477-1896.
- Very Busy People Healthy Cooking Series in Reisner Dining Hall will include demonstrations, food
sampling and a discussion on how to prepare meals in 30 minutes or less.
- Tailgate party behind Seth Grove Stadium. Tickets are required for the luncheon with advance
purchase suggested as a limited number of tickets will be on sale that day.
- “Red Raider” Marching Band Homecoming 2012 will honor William “Bill” Dean for his 30 years of service to the band.
- Red Raiders host LIU-Post.
Tickets will be available at the gate.
- Men’s soccer hosts Concordia College on David See Field
- Christopher Cross & Little River Band will perform in the H. Ric Luhrs Performing
Arts Center. For details call 477-SHOW or go to www.luhrscenter.com.
The full listing of events is available online at www.ship.edu/alumni. For more
information, call the Alumni Office at 477-1218 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.