Shippensburg University sets Homecoming 2013
“Where Stars Are Born” is the theme of Shippensburg University’s 2013 Homecoming that culminates with a series of events Oct. 26. Events during Oct. 26 include:
- Sixth Annual SU Homecoming Service Project at King’s Kettle Food Pantry.
- Thirty-fourth Annual SU
Army ROTC 5K or 10K Run from Heiges Field House. Proceeds support Azalea
Charities Run for Wounded Warriors and SU ROTC Battalion. For information, contact Capt. John Crumley at 1892 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tailgate party behind Seth Grove Stadium. Tickets are required for the luncheon with advance purchase suggested as a limited number of tickets will be available for sale that day.
- Red Raiders host West Chester at 1 p.m. in Seth Grove Stadium
- Volleyball hosts Lock Haven at 1 p.m.
- Women’s soccer hosts Seton Hill at 3:30 p.m.
- President's Postgame Supper. Tickets are required for this free event.
- Men’s soccer hosts Seton Hill at 6 p.m.
- MSA Greek Yard Show at the CUB
- The Australian Bee Gees Show will be performed in the H. Ric Luhrs Performing Arts Center. For details and tickets, go to www.luhrscenter.com or call 477-SHOW.
The full listing of events is available online at www.ship.edu/alumni with instructions on how to register for the various events, if needed. For more information, call the Alumni Office at 477-1218 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
In addition, the student SU Homecoming Committee chooses a philanthropy to receive a donation consisting of the proceeds collected during homecoming events beginning the week of Oct. 21. Last year, students raised more $10,000 for the Better Days Animal League and Women In Need of Chambersburg. This year, the committee has selected the National Multiple Sclerosis Society's Central Pennsylvania Chapter for its 2013 charity.
Other events hosted by the student committee during the week include comedy presentations, Battle of the Campus, a lip sync contest, the naming of the Homecoming king and queen at halftime of the game, and the Multicultural Affairs Committee Homecoming Weekend Party.
More information about the student-led events is available by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.